Thursday 20 May 2010

Blind bloggers

There are a number of blogs out in the blogosphere dealing with blind and visually impaired issues.  This is specifically a list of blogs by people who are blind of partially sighted themselves, their thoughts with dealing with their disability, advice or just about everyday life from a blind perspective.  Often their posts are nothing about their disability, we are normal people with random thoughts too!

Take a look.

If you are a blind or visually impaired blogger contact me and I'll add you to the list. email deedubya@visionwebsight.com

  • Action for Blind People official blog
    With contributions from visually impaired bloggers including Sandi Wassmer, Kevin Nuttall and Shezan Hirjee

  • Believing is Seeing (Laura Lawson)"An artist-turned-writer with deteriorating vision and an expanding heart. This is my story"
  •  
  • The Blind Blogger (UK)
    "Margaret and I are blind people and we run a company which delivers free software so that other blind people can use a computer and read and write again. The software makes the computer talk. It's great and free."
     
  • Blindinglygood's Blog
    "I am starting this blog as a visually impaired person with a keen interest in accessibility for the blind and the use of technology in particular... This blog will start by recording my experiences of learning to blog using WordPress and my experiences of going to my local college to learn how to use JAWS – software that enables the blind to use a computer."
     
  • Fred's Head
    "The Fred's Head blog contains tips, techniques, tutorials, in-depth articles, and resources for and by blind or visually impaired people. Fred's Head is offered by the American Printing House for the Blind."
     
  • Perspectives from a Blind Point of View
    "A blog dedicated to how I see the world as a 20 something blind woman, as well as news inportant to the blind community. Not all of my opinions will be based on my disability, but I hope to bring a new perspective to the blogging world."
     
  • Random Happenings and Observations (Mel Spooner)"I live and work in Nottingham, England and am blind. This blog is often centred around things that happen to me because of being blind. This is my space to write and sometimes people will disagree with what I write, but its the one place I have in which to rant. I also like to reflect on the funnier side of life from time to time."
     
  • Tim O'Brien's Photos
    "A blind photographer’s exploration of his vision through photography and accessibility"
     
  • Understand Connect Respect
    "...this blog is to inform the general population regarding visual impairments. This blog is not designed to bash the visual community or make the population of those with vlindness or Visual impairments seem like victims or martyrs. This blog will serve as a method to blend the visual and non-visual worlds."

THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AS I FIND MORE BLOGS BY BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED PEOPLE.  You can find it easily from the link on the right hand panel.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring Believing is Seeing! Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete